Monday, March 30, 2009

black people love basketball. and weezy.

Meet Franco Finn. Amidst his usual hometown crowd-rocking duties, is a segment called "Upgrade of the Game" where a lucky group of nosebleed ticket-holders are treated to empty seats a little closer to the action. Franco gets the honor and pleasure of informing the Warriors faithful of their great luck. So far so good.

The past several games, this honor has been bestowed upon two to six of my brothers and aunties and cousins - great! Love to see my folks get a little something for nothing. Any steps towards the 40 acres is mostly appreciated. Except while the family is happily cheering on camera, we hear this:



I'll be real - it's hard to be the Warriors' official hype man these days. Even harder to get a job if you don't have one. If I were Franco, I'd quit in solidarity. At least until they found a better song.

2 comments:

  1. ... and I thought you meant Weezy F. Baby... damn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get me started on him. not lightweight.

    ReplyDelete