Tuesday, April 21, 2009

shopping


I'm the kind of shopper who thinks that if I can't find it in a half hour, I don't really need it that much. While I always appreciate any support in finding what I want faster, I'm pretty sure this crosses the line. Does ethnic mean "made in sweatshops by tiny brown people with nimble fingers"? Or maybe it's to help Valencia hipsters blend in with the Mission's indigenous folks? Even clothes by the pound ain't worth that.

Special thanks to Nicole and Amber for keeping an eye out for us. Keep 'em coming! -LWR

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this...I was in a thrift shop in the mission and saw the same bullsh!t too...but in addition to the general "ethnic" label they also had "peasant blouses", "chinese" and "indian" clothes. LIGHTWEIGHT RACISM!

    ReplyDelete